Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter – Big Fish Staffing Fund Recipient
Quarterly, Big Fish Staffing donates a portion of its proceeds to a local charity through the Big Fish Staffing Fund. We are happy to announce that the Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter was selected as this past quarter’s charity.
Did you know:
- 1 in 2 women will experience one incident of physical or sexualized violence.
- 74% of Albertans report that they personally know at least one woman who has been sexually or physically assaulted.
- In Canada, a woman is killed by her intimate partner every 5 days.
- Family violence and abuse costs Canada an estimated $7.4 Billion every year
- Calgary Police Services responds to approximately 19,000 domestic violence calls each year.
Women and their children come to the Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter to escape violence and abuse, severe physical injury and debilitating mental trauma at the hands of their abuser.
Click here to learn more about Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter and how you can help them in the future.
If you have suggestions on where we should allocate the next Big Fish Staffing Community Fund, please email Amanda!