Quarterly Update – By Bruce Covernton, Big Fish Staffing Owner and President
October 1, 2016 marked 6 months of Big Fish Staffing being in business. This second quarter has flown by. So much has happened, but again, we need to take a moment to thank our clients, family, friends, staff and the community as we wouldn’t be where we are today without their support!
We have grown over the last 3 months by expanding our service lines and our geographic reach. This quarter we extended our services to northern Alberta and have assisted/are currently assisting clients fill roles in Edmonton and Grande Prairie. Our services lines have also broadened to include HR Investigations and HR Consulting. Should you require either of these services, please do not hesitate to contact us to find out more.
Quarterly we choose an organization to donate a portion of our profit to. This quarter we have selected the Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter (CWES). The CWES is focused on ending family violence and abuse in the lives of women, children, youth and men and has been “Taking a Stand Against Family Violence in the community for the past 42 years. We believe they are a very worth while cause to chose as a recipient for our second quarter’s Big Fish Staffing Fund.
Some highlight updates of our last 3 months:
- Bruce emceed the Wings of Hope event;
- The Big Fish Staffing team hosted a booth at the Travel Trade show;
- Bruce was the BBQ master at the Fresh Start Ride for Recovery event;
- Big Fish Staffing sponsored a hole at the Stampeder Alumni Golf Tournament;
- Big Fish Staffing hosted a BBQ in September that raised $4,000 for CUPS. We had a great time and served a great group of people;
- Amanda volunteered at the Drop In Centre serving meals to their clientele;
- Donna continues to be a rock-star both in the Big Fish office and assisting our clients on-site;
- Bruce competed in the Coors Light Fan Fantasy Football Event – it took 5 whole days to recover;
- We’re having fun rocking the tailgates before the Stamps games. We especially had an overwhelming response at our tailgate on August 28 where we were serving Mike’s famous Clam Chowder!
The Big Fish Staffing Team is excited about what the next quarter holds. We are also excited about hosting a Grey Cup party, as I am confident we will win the Championship!